TUMCA Competition Information
SMU – Dedman School of Law Invitational Tournament
Feb. 28-March 1, 2014
Registration fee $50 / student
1 team per school limit and you may bring one alternate. Please sign up both at the same time.
Friday, Feb. 28
12-12:30 Competitor Check in-SMU
Every team must argue Petitioner one round, Respondent one round & then the 3rd round is coin flip by the judges when they students get to the room.
2:30-3:00-Judge/Bailiff Check in & Competitor room assignments
3-3:30 Judge/Bailiff briefing & assignments
3:45-4:45 Round 1
4:45-5:00 Ballot Return
5-6 Round 2
6:15-6:30 Ballot Return
6:30-7:30 Round 3
7:30 Ballot return & Dinner begins
8:00 SMU presentation on Admissions
8:30 Announce Top 8 – present Orator awards (only top 10)
Saturday, Mar. 1
8:15 am Competitor Check in & coin flip to determine sides (TUMCA will do that)
8:30-8:45amJudge Check in & briefing
Arkansas State University Moot Court Tournament
March 21st-22nd, 2014
Registration fee $50/team
Registration Deadline: March 1st
Late Registration (after deadline and until closed): $60.00
- Only coaches or student representatives may register teams for this TUMCA Competition.
- The Registration Fee is $50 per team before the deadline listed on the registration form (March 1st)
- No teams will be considered pre-registered for this competition until registration fees have been received.
- The maximum number of teams per school for each competition is set at three (3). Coaches or students representatives may designate up to two (2) alternate teams. Teams will be listed for competition in the order of registration. Alternates will also be incorporated, when and if applicable, in order of registration.
- This tournament is capped at 24 teams maximum.